Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friday night as I made the hour drive up I-26 to my parents’ house, the sun was setting in front of me the entire way. All I could think was how beautiful a scene I was being treated to - the sky filled with a rainbow sherbet glow, the thin clouds silhouetted against it like strokes of charcoal, orange light dancing through the rapidly passing trees. As much as I love being with my family and friends, I love these moments alone. I love driving down a long stretch of highway by myself. I love blasting the music. No one to judge what I listen to, how I sing, and no one to question my erratic taste in tunes. I can shift from Smashing Pumpkins to belting out “Strawberry Wine” at the top of my lungs, and no one cares. Sometimes I even listen to a song twice, just because I want to sing it again. And even though I said I didn’t feel like making the long drive, as I near the exit I slow down to let my “me” time last a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. I love driving by myself because then I can listen to "fireflies" by Owl City 10 times and no one cares:-)

    ReplyDelete