Friday, October 15, 2010

Goodwill Hunting

Like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna find...

As I've said before, I love going to thrift stores and finding things I can give new life to. It's like a treasure hunt. I hadn't been in a while, so the other day I went to Goodwill in Buckhead. It was probably the nicest, most organized Goodwill I've ever been to. This is my loot:

A really beautiful set of vintage-looking lace placemats and matching napkins in excellent condition:

A cool iron/wicker plant stand to which I gave a makeover. Before:

After:
You could use it for wine, but it's great for holding magazines. It also goes perfectly with my red dress picture.

I got a big stack of books. Seriously, $1.50 sure beats Borders or Barnes and Noble. And you can keep your Kindles - there's nothing like a real live book and the feel of the pages between your fingers. I got some cooking/instructional...

And some for pleasure reading...

Which should I read first??

1 comment:

  1. The rack looks great! You could also use a wine rack like that in a bathroom, with rolled towels.
    If I were you, I'd read Girl with a Pearl Earring first. I loved that book.

    Kate (not anonymous :-)

    ReplyDelete